Apart from protecting individuals and businesses from many kinds of potential risks, the Insurance sector contributes significantly to the general economic growth of the nation by providing stability to the functioning of businesses and generating long-term financial resources for the industrial projects. Among other things, Insurance sector also encourages the virtue of savings among individuals and generates employments for millions.
1. Provides Safety and Security to Individuals and Businesses
2. Generates Long-term Financial Resources
3. Promotes Economic Growth
4. Provides Support to Families during Medical Emergencies
5. Spreads Risk
Some Important Sections Of Insurance
- Section 80C: You can claim deduction of life insurance premium paid from your taxable income as per the provisions of Section 80C.
- Section 80CCC: You can get deduction from your taxable income towards premium paid for Pension policies up to a limit of `1,50,000/-.
- Section 80CCE: Under this Section, the overall limit for deduction under Sections 80C, 80CCC and 80CCD(1) is `1,50,000/-.
- Section 80D: You can get deduction of premium paid towards health insurance policies taken for self, spouse, dependent children and parents.
- Section 10(10D): Proceeds from Life Insurance policies are exempt, subject to conditions of Section 10(10D).
- Section 10(10A): Payment received on commutation of a Pension policy is exempt from tax.
Types Of Insurance In Worldwide
There are many types of insurance in all over the worlds. In life, unplanned expenses are a bitter truth. Even when you think that you are financially secure, a sudden or unforeseen expenditure can significantly hamper this security. Depending on the extent of the emergency, such instances may also leave you debt-ridden. There are different types of insurance some are explained here-
- Life Insurance
- Motor insurance
- Health insurance
- Travel insurance
- Property insurance
- Mobile insurance
Life Insurance can be defined as a contract between an insurance policy holder and an insurance company, where the insurer promises to pay a sum of money in exchange for a premium, upon the death of an insured person or after a set period. Under life insurance, the policyholder’s family is financially compensated in case the policyholder expires during the term of the policy.
Vehicle insurance is also known as car insurance, motor insurance, or auto insurance. This insurance is for Private cars, Motorizes two-wheelers and Commercial vehicles excluding vehicles running on rails. The insurance companies protects us against financial loss in the event of an accident or theft. In exchange for your paying a premium, the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as outlined in your policy. The specific terms of vehicle insurance vary with legal regulations in each region.
A health insurance policy is a financial safeguard that provides medical coverage to the insured during healthcare emergencies. Medical emergencies can occur at any moment, without any prior notice. In such cases, a health insurance policy is your saviour.