What Is Wi-Fi
It is a wireless networking technology that directly connect the devices like computers, smart TV, smart speakers, laptop, smartphones, printers and video cameras from the internet. Wi-Fi creates a network that allow to share the information with one another by radio waves. It is based on the IEEE 802.11 family of standards, that are commonly used for local area networking of devices and Internet access.
Wi-Fi uses the most commonly 2.4 gigahertz (120 mm) UHF and 5 gigahertz (60 mm) SHF radio bands. These bands are subdivided into multiple channels. Channels can be shared between networks. But only one transmitter can locally transmit on a channel at any moment in time.
History Of Wi-Fi
The history of Wi-Fi is long and interesting. In 1971, ALOHAnet connected the Hawaiian Islands with a UHF wireless packet network. ALOHAnet and the AlOHAprotocol were early forerunners to Ethernet, and later the IEEE 802.11 protocol, respectively.
The technical birthplace of Wi-Fi is The Netherlands. In 1991, NCR Corporation with AT&T Corporation invented the precursor to 802.11, intended for use in cashier systems, under the name WaveLAN.
Versions OF Wi-Fi
The full list of versions of Wi-Fi is here-
Wi-Fi 4 = 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n.
Wi-Fi 5 = 802.11h, 802.11i, 802.11-2007, 802.11-2012, 802.11ac.
Wi-Fi 6 = 802.11ad, 802.11af, 802.11-2016, 802.11ah, 802.11ai, 802.11aj, 802.11aq, 802.11ax.
5 Fantastic and Cool “Tech gadgets & products” of 2021 that will blow your mind !
Common Uses Of Wi-Fi Router
There are some common use of wi-fi-
- Turn Your Smartphone into a Remote Control.
- Send Documents to Your Printer from Any Computer or Smartphone.
- Forward Notifications from Your Smartphone to Your PC.
- Use the positions of Wi-Fi hotspots to identify a device’s location.
- Tether Your Smartphone to Your Computer for Internet Anywhere.
- Stream Movies to Any TV in the House.
- Motion detection.
- Share Files with Nearby Computers.
- Stream Audio to Any Speakers in the House.
- Wirelessly Transfer Photos from Your Digital Camera.
- Tell Your Phone When Its Home.
- Sync Your Music Library, Photo Library, or Other Files with Your Smartphone USB-Free.
Wi-Fi allows wireless deployment of local area networks . Also, spaces where cables cannot be run, such as outdoor areas and historical buildings, can host wireless LAN’s. However, building walls of certain materials, such as stone with high metal content, can block Wi-Fi signals.
Different competitive brands of access points and client network-interfaces can inter-operate at a basic level of service.
- Access point
- Wireless adapter
- Embedded systems